Debuting in 1983 as a proof-like coin, the Chinese Silver Panda has become one of the most anticipated coin releases for any given year. The increased popularity of this series is partly due to the annual design change. The giant panda design is intimately linked with the People’s Republic of China on the reverse of the coins. The customary obverse depicts the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Temple of Heaven, the centerpiece of a significant religious compound in south-central Beijing that has been a religious and social gathering place for centuries. Sought after by collectors worldwide for decades, initially, the purity of the silver used in production varied. In 1989 the silver content stabilized at .999 pure silver. Then in 2016, the Chinese Mint program moved away from the Troy oz to Grams as the official weight measurement.
- .999 Silver
- Shipped in protective packaging
Shop with confidence knowing when you buy from Pinehurst Coins, you are buying the best. Each coin has been carefully assessed by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) and is certified to be in near-perfect condition. These coins are shipped in their original PCGS certification slabs to protect their condition.
- Coins arrive in protective slabs courtesy of the PCGS
- Price match guarantee (Click here to see how this works)
- The coin pictured is only a representation of the coin you will receive, not the exact coin (serial numbers will vary)
- If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our dedicated customer service team will be happy to assist you M-F from 9 am to 5 pm EST. We are committed to accommodating your needs to the best of our abilities.