The American Silver Eagle is considered one of the most popular coins worldwide. The creation of these iconic 1 Troy oz of .999 fine silver coins was authorized through the Liberty Coin Act of 1985, and production began in 1986. Known to many as the official bullion coin of the United States, a redesign was introduced by the US Mint in 2021. The original obverse design, based on Adolph A. Weinman’s 1916 “Walking Liberty” half dollar, has been updated with the help of modern technology. Now a closer reflection of Weinman’s original design, the obverse includes the addition of the traditional artist’s mark on the coin itself. As with the obverse, the reverse of the Silver Eagle also received an update in design. Before the summer of 2021, the design was that of the heraldic eagle of the United States, which was created by the former Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, John Mercanti. This design features an American bald eagle behind a heraldic shield with arrows and an olive branch in its talons. The new reverse design, also known as “Eagle Landing,” shows an eagle approaching a landing, carrying an oak branch to add to a nest. This new reverse design was created by one of the U.S. Mint’s Artistic Infusion Program designers, Emily Damstra.
- 1 Troy oz .999 Silver
- Shipped in protective packaging
- Coins arrive in protective slabs courtesy of the NGC
- Price match guarantee (Click here to see how this works)
- The coin pictured is only a representation of the coin you will receive, not the exact coin (serial numbers will vary)
- If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our dedicated customer service team will be happy to assist you M-F from 9 am to 5 pm EST. We are committed to accommodating your needs to the best of our abilities.
Shop with confidence knowing when you buy from Pinehurst Coins, you are buying the best. Each coin has been carefully assessed by the Numismatic Guarantee Corporation (NGC) and is certified to be in near-perfect condition. These coins are shipped in their original NGC certification slabs to protect their condition.