The American Silver Eagle is considered one of the most popular coins worldwide. The creation of these iconic 1 Troy oz of .999 fine silver coins was authorized through the Liberty Coin Act of 1985, and production began in 1986. In 2021, a redesign was introduced by the U.S. Mint. The original obverse design, based on Adolph A. Weinman’s 1916 “Walking Liberty” Half Dollar, has been updated with the help of modern technology. Now a closer reflection of Weinman’s original design, the obverse includes the addition of his traditional artists’ mark on the coin itself. The reverse of Silver Eagle also received an updated form created by one of the U.S. Mints Artistic Infusion Program Designers, Emily Damstra. Now known as “Eagle Landing,” the image depicts an eagle approaching a landing, carrying an oak branch to add to its nest.
- 1 Troy oz .999 Silver
- Proof Coin minted at the San Francisco Mint bears the “S” mint mark
- Shipped in protective packaging
Shop with confidence knowing when you buy from Pinehurst Coins, you are buying the best. Each coin has been carefully assessed by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) and is certified to be in near-perfect condition. These coins are shipped in their original PCGS certification slabs to protect their condition.
- Coins arrive in protective slabs courtesy of the PCGS
- Price match guarantee (Click here to see how this works)
- The coin pictured is only a representation of the coin you will receive, not the exact coin (serial numbers will vary)
- If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our dedicated customer service team will be happy to assist you M-F from 9 am to 5 pm EST. We are committed to accommodating your needs to the best of our abilities.